SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR CHILDREN
- Saint Michael Parish is committed to ensuring a safe environment for children.
- Saint Michael Parish is committed to uphold the “National Charter for the Protection of Children & Young People” as established by the United States Council of Catholic Bishops.
- All adults who work with our children are trained in the “Protecting God’s Children” Program.
- All adults who work with our children are screened by law enforcement.
- All adults who work with our children acknowledge and accept the “Diocese of Charleston Volunteer Code of Conduct”.
- All adults who work with our children acknowledge and accept the “Diocese of Charleston Sexual Abuse Policy and Procedures”.
- Additional information regarding all Safe Environment Policies and Procedures can be accessed at the Diocese of Charleston Web Site at www.catholic-doc.org .
- For information on how to report an allegation of abuse, go to www.catholic-doc.org and click on “Sexual Abuse Policy and Procedures” on the left side bar. Then, click on “How to Report an Allegation of Sexual Misconduct by Church Personnel”.
- The Diocese of Charleston Office of Child Protection Services/Safe Environment Manager, Bonnie Sigers, can be reached at 843-853-2130, ext. 210 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Diocese of Charleston Office of Child Protection Services Victim Assistance Coordinator, Louisa Storen, can be reached at 843-856-0748 or 800-921-8122.
- The Parish of Saint Michael Safe Environment Coordinator, Thereasa Crabb, can be reached at 843-651-3737, ext. 227.
- The Saint Michael Catholic School Safe Environment Coordinator, Nancy Esposito, can be reached at 843-651-6795.
SAFE ENVIRONMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Go to http://charleston.CMGconnect.org to complete your new online safe environment curriculum.
- Create a new account by completing all the boxes. This includes address, primary parish, and how you participate at your parish or school.
- Start the Safe Haven - It's Up to You training curriculum.
- Download and print your certificate upon completion or, email it directly from the site to the office or school you are associated with.
Visit the Safe Haven website for information on the required program for all volunteers and staff working with children. The website is www.charleston.CMGconnect.org to register for the session.
Diocese of Charleston Office of Child Protection Services website